SHWE TAUNG CEMENT CO,. LTD (STC) is a subsidiary company of SHWE TAUNG GROUP (STG) and leading Myanmar Company. The core activities of the company include quarrying for cement raw materials, production and distribution of cement with “Apache” brand in Myanmar.
STG is one of Myanmar’s largest employers with a workforce of over 7,000 employees, all united by our shared core values of integrity, responsibility and resilience. Sustainability is at the core of our strategy. We actively invest in sustainable initiatives to build communities, enhance human capital, protect the environment, and strengthen corporate governance through our wide-ranging corporate social responsibility programme.
STC is undertaking a brownfield expansion of its cement plant in Pyi Nyaung Village, Thazi Township, Mandalay.
International Finance Corporation (IFC), the arm of the World Bank Group (WBG), is financed this project to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, help reduce poverty, and improve people’s lives.
STC is seeking to strengthen its Environmental, Health, Safety and Social (EHSS) Department
through the recruitment of Environmental Specialist, with special emphasis in the area of Mining
Industry in Sagaing region.
Purpose of Job
Carry out entire mechanical maintenance of plant including all related services of routine, corrective, preventive, and predictive maintenance activities while ensuring compliance with labor, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations. Responsibility for developing and maintaining a motivated and trained mechanical staff (as per enclosed structure) for achieving above & to meet budgetary and production targets.
- Mechanical Maintenance. Conduct the necessary activities to maintain the condition of the installations and to assure proper functioning of equipment and systems. Ensure maintenance team readiness to efficiently tackle emergencies or urgent breakdowns.
- Mechanical Maintenance. Manage major corrective maintenance actions, critical spare part and plant annual shutdown programs in coordination with Electrical, Preventive Maintenance and Production Managers.
- People management. Inform and motivate maintenance personnel, ensure their availability and performance according to plant needs and promote their professional development through coaching, individual development plans and trainings.
- Management – Planning & Cost control. Contribute to plant maintenance planning (Planner of Preventive). Managing plant improvement projects. Implement effective and systematic solutions to achieve budget and to meet or exceed targets.
- OH&S and environment. Guarantee and foster compliance with OH&S and environment policies for all mechanical personnel. Establish safety culture and tackle specific actions to ensure health prevention during maintenance activities. Contribute to plant cleanliness.
- Standards. Communicate and implement regulations, company goals, local permits, policies and procedures; maintain up-to-date technical documentation.
- Communication. Optimize the internal processes and structures. Supervise personnel to apply them consistently and ensure ISO compliance for related activities. Respect MAC standard and follow up weekly MAC targets (KPIs).
- 8. Innovation and continuous improvement. Consider new techniques and/or technologies to optimize maintenance cost and to improve the technical condition and functioning of the installed equipment. Use experience from other plants or industries.
- Zero fatal/severe accident
- Meet annual budgeted mechanical cost
- Meet maintenance KPIs (MTBF, Operational Equipment Efficiency, and Reliability factor), etc.
Experience & Skill
- 5 years’ or more experience in a cement/heavy industry or engineering (preferably with supervisory responsibility) dealing with mechanical maintenance.t
- Strategic alignment; analysis and problem solving; business and financial acumen
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from recognized institute of repute
- MS-Office, MS Project, CMMS, and/or SAP
Strong interpersonal skills, the manager must be able to speak and carry out routine dialogues with mechanical employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer, hence females are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Apply in confidence along with CV, copies of testimonials, NIC copy and a recent passport size
colour photograph. Application should be clearly marked with the
position applied for.
Send Email to: [email protected]