Shwe Taung Building Materials is the industry leader in Myanmar for the supply of building materials, and the manufacturing and supply of cement, concrete and related services. We are Myanmar’s first ISO (9001:2000) certified company in the ready-mixed concrete industry, and have been awarded EDGE certification for workplace gender equality.
STBM is seeking to strengthen its Health, Social and Environment (HSE) Department through the recruitment of HSE Specialist, with special emphasis in the area of Mining Industry in Sagaing region.
Vacant: Health, Social and Environment (HSE) Officer
Location: Pyi Nyaung and Paluzawa.
Employment Type: Flat Pay (Contract) / Permanite
Working Hour: Full Time (08:00) to (17:00)
Duties and Accountabilities
Technical responsibilities will include:
- Work independently under the guidance of with HSE Department and implement HSE policies and procedures in STM’s operations
- Ensure that STM’s operations are in the compliance of Local Regulations and the requirements of IFC’s Performance Standards as well as the World Bank Group’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Work with NGOs, Government Agencies and IFC to mobilize technical support and monitor for an engagement framework according to STM’s needs (including Environmental Management Plan (EMP), Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP), Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP), Community Development Program (CDP), Community Health and Safety Program (CHP), Operational Level Grievance Redress Mechanisms (GRM) related to environmental and social Issues, etc.,) to address Environmental and Social key performance indicators of STM’s operations.
- Develop a strong community support network based on Stakeholder Engagement Plant (SEP) and work collaboratively with them to co-design and implement HSE activities for STM operation.
- Facilitate between stakeholders to ensure smooth coordination and manage priorities between delivery of on ground outcomes and service to community and project requirements such as internal covenant approval documentation, offset management plans, survey plans, regular reports, the documentation required by the relevant governmental agencies and offset committee, partnership evaluation of upcoming biodiversity offset project at Maharmyaing Forest area.
- Produce community engagement case study and biodiversity conservation materials that can be shared with stakeholders.
- Evaluate HSE activities and regular report regular updates and review of action plans.
- A degree or master in Forestry, Public Relations, Social Studies, Communications or equivalent discipline.
- At least 3 year(s) of working experience in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, Biodiversity Conservation is required for this position.
- Passionate about community engagement, social work, biodiversity and environmental conversation with the populations in the society.
- Demonstrate commitment to complete the project with the effective application of IFC Performance Standards.
- Willingness and demonstrate to collaborate in teams, demonstrate ability to work with minimum supervision, seek innovative solutions and to communicate effectively with the full spectrum of STM’s stakeholders.
- Ability to station at STM Coal Mine, Kalewa Township, Sagaing Region and willingness to work long-term employment and career plans
- Excellent English language skills.
- Experience in project planning, management, record keeping and report writing.
- Experience in engaging grassroots communities, government agencies and service providers.
- Proven communications and inter-personal skills in engaging with stakeholders.
SHWE TAUNG GROUP is proud to be the first company in Myanmar to be awarded a group-wide EDGE (Economic Dividends for Gender Equality) Certification in 2018, hence females are encouraged to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer, hence females are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Apply in confidence along with a cover letter (maximum 2-pages) that addresses your interest and suitability for the role in line with the key selection criteria, your CV / resume (maximum 4-pages), copies of testimonials, NIC copy and a recent passport size colour photograph latest by 30th September 2021. Application should be clearly marked with the position applied for.
Send Email to: [email protected]