SHWE TAUNG CEMENT CO,. LTD (STC) is a subsidiary company of SHWE TAUNG GROUP (STG) and leading Myanmar Company. The core activities of the company include quarrying for cement raw materials, production and distribution of cement with “Apache” brand in Myanmar.
STG is one of Myanmar’s largest employers with a workforce of over 7,000 employees, all united by our shared core values of integrity, responsibility and resilience. Sustainability is at the core of our strategy. We actively invest in sustainable initiatives to build communities, enhance human capital, protect the environment, and strengthen corporate governance through our wide-ranging corporate social responsibility programme.
STC is undertaking a brownfield expansion of its cement plant in Pyi Nyaung Village, Thazi Township, Mandalay.
International Finance Corporation (IFC), the arm of the World Bank Group (WBG), is financed this project to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, help reduce poverty, and improve people’s lives.
STC is seeking to strengthen its Environmental, Health, Safety and Social (EHSS) Department
through the recruitment of Environmental Specialist, with special emphasis in the area of Mining
Industry in Sagaing region.
State the general nature, level and purpose of the job and provide a brief description of the duties and responsibilities. This paragraph will be used for future job posting. It may be easier to write the general summary after completing other sections of the job description.
- Responsible for execution of Mechanical maintenance tasks of plant, to keep the plant in smooth operation, to avoid breakdowns and to achieve the designated targets of KPIs.
- Lead and initiate cost reduction initiatives in line with Plant objectives.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance dept.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Functional (Job Responsibilities):
- Predictive Maintenance: Review, plan, supervise or lead, to execute Work Order (request for services) in order to address the identified and or possible futuristic mechanical problems requested in order to ensure smooth running of mechanical equipment involved in cement production, packing and loading.
- Preventive Maintenance: Review, plan, supervise or lead to resolve the predicted future / current mechanical faults of equipment identified by Production team to avoid the possible futuristic and / or current problems.
- Trouble Shooting: Review, plan, supervise or lead to resolve the mechanical problems on the spot, identified by inspection teams.
- Breakdown Maintenance: Provide maintenance services on top priority basis to address the problems that stop the plant in order to reinstate the production, packing and loading of cement.
- Plan the activities of inspection teams on regular basis in order to identify the possible malfunctioning of mechanical equipment to ensure the smooth production of cement production, packing & loading.
- Ensure that all tools and plant machinery is in ready condition and good health to deal with any mechanical faults.
- Recommend the modification in plant in order to increase the efficiency of production and less power consumption.
- Coordinate and assist Methods to ensure the availability of spare parts in order to ensure correct spare parts have been acquired.
Perform root cause analysis with all team members of problems that happens time and again and suggesting solution to avoid it in future.
Managerial (Team/Group Responsibilities):
- Recruit the right team members to ensure the skill set off team members can address the departmental needs.
- Coach and train team members on existing and new concepts, technology and functionality to pave their way towards the successful achievement of the functional objectives of the team, thus playing a role in the enhancement of the technical skill set of an individual and improving the growth of an individual towards positive attitude.
- Monitor performance of all team members in order to identify the difference between expected level of productivity and actual productivity.
- Review and approve all the operational activities of team members.
- Keep motivation level high among team members to bring the best out of them.
- Keep a conducive learning environment among all team members on order to ensure a healthy, friendly, productive and supportive environment.
- Ensure that each member is adhering to the policies and procedures announced by the management.
Organisational (Organisational Responsibilities):
We are an equal opportunity employer, hence females are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Apply in confidence along with CV, copies of testimonials, NIC copy and a recent passport size
colour photograph. Application should be clearly marked with the
position applied for.
Send Email to: [email protected]