SHWE TAUNG CEMENT CO,. LTD (STC) is a subsidiary company of SHWE TAUNG GROUP (STG) and leading Myanmar Company. The core activities of the company include quarrying for cement raw materials, production and distribution of cement with “Apache” brand in Myanmar.
STG is one of Myanmar’s largest employers with a workforce of over 7,000 employees, all united by our shared core values of integrity, responsibility and resilience. Sustainability is at the core of our strategy. We actively invest in sustainable initiatives to build communities, enhance human capital, protect the environment, and strengthen corporate governance through our wide-ranging corporate social responsibility programme.
STC is undertaking a brownfield expansion of its cement plant in Pyi Nyaung Village, Thazi Township, Mandalay.
International Finance Corporation (IFC), the arm of the World Bank Group (WBG), is financed this project to promote sustainable private sector investment in developing countries, help reduce poverty, and improve people’s lives.
STC is seeking to strengthen its Environmental, Health, Safety and Social (EHSS) Department
through the recruitment of Environmental Specialist, with special emphasis in the area of Mining
Industry in Sagaing region.
This is a single paragraph that gives three to five details applicants will find most exciting about the job. This introduction should encourage applicants to read more and be excited about the role or job vacancy we are trying to fill.
Also include why should they apply, what can they expect from you and the department they will be assigned to. What’s your plan for their career once they get hired?
This can be standard or personalized a bit by the hiring managers
- Support with EHSS Department and implement Environmental Management System in STC’s operations
- Ensure that STC’s operations are in the compliance of Local Regulations and the requirements of IFC’s Performance Standards as well as the World Bank Group’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines.
- Participate in upgrading the existing Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) management systems at the Cement Plant and Concrete Project (including the quarries) and mine to align with the requirements of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Work with NGOs, Government Agencies and IFC to mobilize technical support and monitor for Environmental Action Plans (including Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP), Biodiversity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (BMEP)., Environmental & Social Management Plan (ESMP) , Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP), Operational Level Grievance Redress Mechanisms (GRM) related to Environmental Issues, etc.,) to address environmental key performance indicators of STC’s operations.
- A post graduate diploma or degree or master in environmental sciences, natural resource management, environmental engineering or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Fresh graduates are also welcomed and experienced will be considered for senior position.
- Demonstrate commitment to complete the project with the effective application of IFC Performance Standards.
- Willingness and demonstrate to collaborate in teams, seek innovative solutions and to communicate effectively with the full spectrum of HTC and STC’s stakeholders.
- Ability to station at Coal Mine, Kalewa Township, Sagaing Region.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer, hence females are encouraged to apply.
- Details of years of experience,
- Specific knowledge/experience required,
- Essential/desired skills, (technical and soft skills)
- Required start date, exact month and day if possible
How to Apply
Apply in confidence along with CV, copies of testimonials, NIC copy and a recent passport size
colour photograph. Application should be clearly marked with the
position applied for.
Send Email to: [email protected]